Daniel Negreanu was born in the summer of 1974 in Canada. Despite Romanian roots and the fact that a poker player spends most of his life in the United States, he considers himself a true Canadian, as evidenced by his performances under the Canadian flag.
Among modern poker professionals, Negreanu is one of the most titled and famous, and his name is familiar to every fan of the game. Not only six World Series bracelets speak about this, but also membership in the Hall of Fame, as well as the title of Ambassador of Poker, which Daniel received several times.
Briefly about the main thing
Daniel's best cash result is $ 8,288,001 for second place in The Big One for One Drop (2014 World Series). If we talk about the money earned for all the time, Negreanu was the leader in tournament poker for almost four years in a row, and his total financial indicator was equal to $ 39 million. However, in 2018, a new record was set, and Justin Bonomo became its author.
Daniel not only takes part in popular competitions, but also sometimes plays cash, participates in various shows, does charity work, works as a host or commentator at various important events in the poker world.
In 2007, the famous poker room PokerStars made the player a representative of a team of professionals. In mid-2019, he stopped representing the room and has not yet played under anybody's logo. In 2014, the poker player was honored to join the ranks of legendary players in the Hall of Fame. True, this could have happened before, but according to the rules in the Poker Hall Of Fame players under 40 are not accepted.
Interesting facts from the biography
For dessert, a list of fascinating facts from the life of Daniel Negreanu:
- He is a passionate hockey fan and collector of hockey jerseys, of which there are already more than fifty in his personal collection. With the assistance of the Canadian, a new club Vegas Golden Knights was launched in 2016. Daniel's favorite team is Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Until 2004, he was the youngest player to win the World Series. That is why the player received the nickname Kid Poker.
- The poker player is a staunch vegan. There is no animal food in his diet, and in his wardrobe there are no products made of natural fur and leather.
- A documentary film called Kid Poker was filmed about the player in 2015.
- Negreanu loves to play video games. For example, since 2015, the poker player is fond of Heartstone, and once even took part in the world competition for this game.
- As a public figure, Daniel tries to hide the details of his personal life. However, it is known that he has a girlfriend with whom he lives, Marissa. And since 2017, the couple has two Yorkshire terriers - Apollo and Rocky.
- Negreanu started his own poker room in 2005, but it closed after about two years.
- Daniel is a blogger, writes poker articles, and co-authored Doyle Brunson's Super System 2.
- The player also managed to appear in the movies. Occasionally he starred in the films X-Men: The Beginning. Wolverine "," Tilt "," Stuck "," Kings of Poker "and so on. The guy's biography also includes participation in popular TV shows about poker: High Stakes Poker, Shark Cage and others.
By the way, since 2018, the famous poker player Daniel Negreanu began giving game lessons on the MasterClass training resource.